My child's education

If your child has been identified as dyslexic (whether through a formal assessment or not) they should receive SEN Support through their education provider. If you feel that your child needs more support than can be provided through SEN Support at their school or college, you may decide to apply for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.

On these pages you'll find information about the support that you should expect from your local authority and your child's school/college. You will also find information on how to apply for an EHC plan and examples of what good EHC plans should look like.